Skip to main content

El Camino Spoiler Review + Artwork

Count me in as a fan of Breaking Bad.   I enjoyed the series immensely and was excited to revisit this world.   But what we get with the here, El Camino is fun but not necessary.   

El Camino takes place right after the series finale.    It's great seeing all the cameos of returning characters such as Mike, Badger, Skinny, Jane, and Walter White.   The late Mr. Robert Forster as Ed, the fixer, and his interactions with Jesse were a standout for me.   Others were with Todd (played by Jesse Plemmons), who is weird and creepy in his unique way.    There were times I thought he was going to rape Jesse.    The main antagonist Neil, played by Scott Macarthur, is great at being a dick.    I first saw him in HBO's Righteous Gemstones, where he was an entertaining villain.

Aaron Paul, as Mr. Pinkman, does a great job here relaying the trauma he's dealt with over the last five seasons of the show.   Having lost multiple girlfriends, his abduction and being held prisoner breaks him in ways which he demonstrates in this movie.    There are moments when he has supreme confidence.   Where he isn't easily fazed and feels like a seasoned criminal.   Then other times where he doesn't want to deal with the world, he's long been associated with and wants to curl up into a ball.

This Netflix exclusive felt like a series of events which, in the end, gives Jesse a happier ending than the series finale.   If you saw Breaking Bad,  maybe still watching Better Call Saul, and you still want more, then this is for you.




El Camino inspired me to draw this piece.    It's from a scene in the third act.    This design is for sale in my Teepublic store, which you can visit by here.    

Thanks for reading.    Thoughts?   Comments?    Do so below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the Paul Has Fun Blog!

  On this blog, I dig into my hobbies and document my life and interests.   I hope to encourage you to do the same! Thanks for spending time with me. Scroll down for the latest content.   WELCOME!   

Podcast: Talking Video Games and Making a Beat-December 2025 podcast & videos

In this episode, I dive into the excitement around Valve’s newly announced Steam Machine and what it could mean for the future of handheld gaming. I talk about the rise of hybrid console–portable systems, why shorter and more interactive games fit better into my life now, and why the GTA VI delay honestly doesn’t bother me. I also break down the controversy surrounding Rockstar’s recent employee firings and share my thoughts on the gaming community’s obsession with nostalgia. It’s a mix of tech talk, gaming culture, and personal reflections on how I play today.   Finally after a work injury kept me home for three months(late last year), I dove into music production, inspired by Marc Rebillet’s improvisational style and the gear he uses.   In this episode, I share the audio from my first beat video using this gear. To see/read the articles and videos on these topics, you can find the gaming article here.  The beat making post on here. Thoughts, comments, do so below. ...

Recommended Movies & TV. June-December 2022 and Overall Favorites of 2022.

Check out this episode! YouTube Version These are my favorite movies and TV show from June-December 2022. June Insidious 1 & 2 (Amazon & Netflix) I'd never seen the Insidious movies. However, my younger brother watched them and told me they were creepy(which piqued my interest). In June, the first part was available on Prime Video, and the sequel and third films were on Netflix. I binged all three, but I preferred the first two as they wrapped up the Lambert family storyline.    Black Phone (movies) The next Blumhouse movie on this list. The movie pundits I follow talked about this Black Phone's great word of mouth from early screenings. Saw this in theaters and was amazed at Ethan Hawke's villainous performance. His 2nd turn as a bad guy in 2022(first in Moon Knight on Disney+ months earlier, but much better here). Umbrella Academy S3 (Netflix) I like the Umbrella Academy and its different take on the superhero genre. The protagonist dysfunctional family consists o...