Skip to main content

The Ballerina Spoiler Review-$132 Million Later



Check out this episode!

On this episode, Jason G and I review 'Ballerina', a spinoff set in the 'John Wick' universe between chapters three and four. We praise the film’s action, calling it some of the best in the series, with standout scenes, such as a flamethrower sequence. I mention struggling to fully buy Ana de Armas as an action star, while Jason suggests the director’s style may emphasize looks over grit. We also note the inclusion of Lance Reddick’s character, filmed before his passing, and appreciate how the action feels intense but more grounded compared to other over-the-top set pieces in this universe. We give the movie an overall rating of 7 to 7.8 out of 10.

The conversation concludes with thoughts on the box office and franchise. Despite a \$90 million budget, the film made about \$132 million worldwide, which may not cover total costs. However, it is performing well on VOD platforms. Lionsgate has not confirmed a 'Ballerina' sequel, but 'John Wick 5' is in development with Keanu Reeves returning. 

Thoughts? Comments? Do so below.  

Find all of my/our movie reviews here.

Rate, like, leave a review on Apple podcasts or wherever you're able to do so.

If you've enjoyed this episode, please support this podcast by doing any, all your shopping through my affiliate link:

AMAZON: http://amzn.to/2dRu3IM

or DONATE/TIP here 

SUBSCRIBE Everywhere HERE 

Let's keep in touch, sign up for the email list here 

Thanks for listening!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the Paul Has Fun Blog!

  On this blog, I dig into my hobbies and document my life and interests.   I hope to encourage you to do the same! Thanks for spending time with me. Scroll down for the latest content.   WELCOME!   

Podcast: Talking Video Games and Making a Beat-December 2025 podcast & videos

In this episode, I dive into the excitement around Valve’s newly announced Steam Machine and what it could mean for the future of handheld gaming. I talk about the rise of hybrid console–portable systems, why shorter and more interactive games fit better into my life now, and why the GTA VI delay honestly doesn’t bother me. I also break down the controversy surrounding Rockstar’s recent employee firings and share my thoughts on the gaming community’s obsession with nostalgia. It’s a mix of tech talk, gaming culture, and personal reflections on how I play today.   Finally after a work injury kept me home for three months(late last year), I dove into music production, inspired by Marc Rebillet’s improvisational style and the gear he uses.   In this episode, I share the audio from my first beat video using this gear. To see/read the articles and videos on these topics, you can find the gaming article here.  The beat making post on here. Thoughts, comments, do so below. ...

Recommended Movies & TV. June-December 2022 and Overall Favorites of 2022.

Check out this episode! YouTube Version These are my favorite movies and TV show from June-December 2022. June Insidious 1 & 2 (Amazon & Netflix) I'd never seen the Insidious movies. However, my younger brother watched them and told me they were creepy(which piqued my interest). In June, the first part was available on Prime Video, and the sequel and third films were on Netflix. I binged all three, but I preferred the first two as they wrapped up the Lambert family storyline.    Black Phone (movies) The next Blumhouse movie on this list. The movie pundits I follow talked about this Black Phone's great word of mouth from early screenings. Saw this in theaters and was amazed at Ethan Hawke's villainous performance. His 2nd turn as a bad guy in 2022(first in Moon Knight on Disney+ months earlier, but much better here). Umbrella Academy S3 (Netflix) I like the Umbrella Academy and its different take on the superhero genre. The protagonist dysfunctional family consists o...