Skip to main content

My 'Almost 50" Rap song

In my 50s, I still find myself re-exploring old hobbies.   Drawing, dancing, action figures, video games, movies. DJing has come and gone in my life. Lately, it’s been beatmaking, and now it's rapping.


With the use of AI, ChatGPT specifically, I can turn a journal entry into a rap song.

 

Here's the video.


 

 Here are a pictures of my original journal entry.

 


 

I put this into ChatGPT, and it gave me back these lyrics. I have since edited these lyrics to fit better with what I’m trying to say.

 

[Verse 1 – Rap]


Almost 50,


 thinking how I want to live


Senior life coming, 


What’s the plan to give?


Retire or keep working, 


mind in debate


Isolation creeping, 


Won’t let it grow


Won’t let it dictate... no, no


Friends for every passion, 


Every lane I ride


Hard to keep ’em close


There’s no extra time.


Juggling relationships, 


wondering how


Gotta figure it out 


 Somehow 4x




[Chorus]


Will I be alone?


Will I find my crew?


Chasing these dreams, 


What else can I do?


Money may get tight, 


but I’ll make my stand


If there’s 


hope for me, 


there’s hope 


for any man.




Will I be alone?


Will I find my crew?


Chasing these dreams, 


what else can I do?


Money may get tight, 


but I’ll make my stand


If there’s 


hope for me, 


there’s hope 


for any man.




[Verse 2 – Rap]


The news says 


 loneliness can break you down


But when  I’m home too long 


 And nobody’s around.


Those times 


I sit and reflect


introspect


think about my future


Where will America be


In the nearby future


Bounce


leave this place


Foreign soil, 


new language, 


I’ll show my face


My money goes long


Than back home


Financially good


Taking out no loans


Looking at


my older neighbors


struggling, 


Survive-ing


Pantry line


Preview of my future?


Can’t have that, no


Stay on my grind


Stashing every dollar, 


Saving


For that dream I chase


 Planning, 


Hoping I’ll find my space


My space X3




[Chorus]


Will I be alone?


Will I find my crew?


Chasing these dreams, 


What else can I do?


Money may get tight, 


but I’ll make my stand


If there’s 


hope for me, 


there’s hope 


for any man.




Will I be alone?


Will I find my crew?


Chasing these dreams, 


what else can I do?


Money may get tight, 


but I’ll make my stand


If there’s 


hope for me, 


there’s hope 


for any man.




[Bridge – Singing]


I’m amicable, 


I’ll make it through.


New lands, 


new plans, 


still staying true


Life’s too short, 


but I’m playing long


Still got my interests, 


still singing my song




I’m amicable, 


I’ll make it through.


New lands, 


new plans, 


still staying true


Life’s too short, 


but I’m playing long


Still got my interests, 


still singing my song






Thoughts or comments? Leave them below. 















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the Paul Has Fun Blog!

  On this blog, I dig into my hobbies and document my life and interests.   I hope to encourage you to do the same! Thanks for spending time with me. Scroll down for the latest content.   WELCOME!   

Podcast: Talking Video Games and Making a Beat-December 2025 podcast & videos

In this episode, I dive into the excitement around Valve’s newly announced Steam Machine and what it could mean for the future of handheld gaming. I talk about the rise of hybrid console–portable systems, why shorter and more interactive games fit better into my life now, and why the GTA VI delay honestly doesn’t bother me. I also break down the controversy surrounding Rockstar’s recent employee firings and share my thoughts on the gaming community’s obsession with nostalgia. It’s a mix of tech talk, gaming culture, and personal reflections on how I play today.   Finally after a work injury kept me home for three months(late last year), I dove into music production, inspired by Marc Rebillet’s improvisational style and the gear he uses.   In this episode, I share the audio from my first beat video using this gear. To see/read the articles and videos on these topics, you can find the gaming article here.  The beat making post on here. Thoughts, comments, do so below. ...

Recommended Movies & TV. June-December 2022 and Overall Favorites of 2022.

Check out this episode! YouTube Version These are my favorite movies and TV show from June-December 2022. June Insidious 1 & 2 (Amazon & Netflix) I'd never seen the Insidious movies. However, my younger brother watched them and told me they were creepy(which piqued my interest). In June, the first part was available on Prime Video, and the sequel and third films were on Netflix. I binged all three, but I preferred the first two as they wrapped up the Lambert family storyline.    Black Phone (movies) The next Blumhouse movie on this list. The movie pundits I follow talked about this Black Phone's great word of mouth from early screenings. Saw this in theaters and was amazed at Ethan Hawke's villainous performance. His 2nd turn as a bad guy in 2022(first in Moon Knight on Disney+ months earlier, but much better here). Umbrella Academy S3 (Netflix) I like the Umbrella Academy and its different take on the superhero genre. The protagonist dysfunctional family consists o...