Skip to main content

Furloughed from Work for A Year


LISTEN TO THE PODCAST HERE.


My friend Jason and I have worked in the hospitality industry collectively over 35 years. In our careers, this is the first time we’ve been furloughed 12 months plus due to world events. I’m sure we are not exclusively in this position. In this podcast, we discuss our thoughts on Wandavision, upcoming superhero, sci-fi tv shows, and movies. We also discuss which comics we’ve recently enjoyed. Pleasant escapes from our worries on whether life will ever get back to normal. Finally, we discuss our unemployed existence during the last year.

This time off from work has allowed me to deeply examine my compulsions, accept my bachelor life as a positive, and shown me what kind of person I would be if I retired from work today. I’m grateful for my creativity. It helps keep my mind occupied. Seeing this podcast grow has been tremendous. Leftover paychecks from work, stimulus money, and NYC Unemployment have been a godsend and kept me afloat in these times.

I’ve often heard those on their death beds lament not spending more time with family and friends. I’m also aware that we can’t hold on to people in our lives. Individuals will come and go, and that is the tide of life. To willingly accept this and be grateful we’ve spent any time together. I’ve worked on more quality moments with family and friends throughout this period, but I can still do better.

Jason suggests using this time and do things that we’ve always wanted to do and have a checklist of activities to look forward to after the world has opened again.

Have you been furloughed from work for some time? Was or has it been positive or negative? Please comment below.

Contact me by calling, texting or through WhatsApp 1-201-472-0429. If you leave a voicemail please be aware, you only have 3 minutes. This is a US number.

Contact me by email here  improveandhavefun@gmail.com 

Rate, like, leave a review! I will shout you out for sure!

If you've enjoyed this, please support this podcast by doing any, all your shopping through my affiliate links:

or my AMAZON link: http://amzn.to/2dRu3IM

or DONATE here https://bit.ly/2LD1mwy

SUBSCRIBE HERE https://bit.ly/3tkjIbV 


YouTube clip




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the Paul Has Fun Blog!

  On this blog, I dig into my hobbies and document my life and interests.   I hope to encourage you to do the same! Thanks for spending time with me. Scroll down for the latest content.   WELCOME!   

Podcast: Talking Video Games and Making a Beat-December 2025 podcast & videos

In this episode, I dive into the excitement around Valve’s newly announced Steam Machine and what it could mean for the future of handheld gaming. I talk about the rise of hybrid console–portable systems, why shorter and more interactive games fit better into my life now, and why the GTA VI delay honestly doesn’t bother me. I also break down the controversy surrounding Rockstar’s recent employee firings and share my thoughts on the gaming community’s obsession with nostalgia. It’s a mix of tech talk, gaming culture, and personal reflections on how I play today.   Finally after a work injury kept me home for three months(late last year), I dove into music production, inspired by Marc Rebillet’s improvisational style and the gear he uses.   In this episode, I share the audio from my first beat video using this gear. To see/read the articles and videos on these topics, you can find the gaming article here.  The beat making post on here. Thoughts, comments, do so below. ...

Recommended Movies & TV. June-December 2022 and Overall Favorites of 2022.

Check out this episode! YouTube Version These are my favorite movies and TV show from June-December 2022. June Insidious 1 & 2 (Amazon & Netflix) I'd never seen the Insidious movies. However, my younger brother watched them and told me they were creepy(which piqued my interest). In June, the first part was available on Prime Video, and the sequel and third films were on Netflix. I binged all three, but I preferred the first two as they wrapped up the Lambert family storyline.    Black Phone (movies) The next Blumhouse movie on this list. The movie pundits I follow talked about this Black Phone's great word of mouth from early screenings. Saw this in theaters and was amazed at Ethan Hawke's villainous performance. His 2nd turn as a bad guy in 2022(first in Moon Knight on Disney+ months earlier, but much better here). Umbrella Academy S3 (Netflix) I like the Umbrella Academy and its different take on the superhero genre. The protagonist dysfunctional family consists o...