Skip to main content

Possible Cult Classic? Future Man Review Episodes 1-3


LISTEN TO THE PODCAST HERE


This week, I asked Jason to watch the first three episodes(season 1)of Future Man.   Sci-fi, action, comedy series starring Josh Hutcherson from The Hunger Games films. Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen are the producers.


Jason said he's a sucker for time travel shows and was impressed with the production quality.   'These three episodes can easily be made into a movie.'   He loved the 80s homages to such films as Terminator, Back to the Future, and The Last Starfighter.   He was also happy to see Keith David, whom he's enjoyed since his role as 'Childs' in 1982's 'The Thing.'   


Issues he had with the first three episodes; 'if you aren't a fan of Seth Rogen's raunchy style of comedy, this may not be for you.'   Also, this Hulu exclusive didn't take itself seriously in specific scenes, and that hurt the narrative.   


Some time ago, I began watching this show.   After the first 10 minutes, I switched it off because I thought it was terrible.    But, because of the pandemic and imposed quarantine, I binged all three seasons and was delighted.   I feel the first season was the strongest compared to the other two.   


Hollywood often pushes a female agenda in present-day tv and film.   The woman is the boss, and the man is the idiot who often gets chastised.    I felt the show was going that route but didn't.   As the series progresses, Tiger does let go of the reigns and admits that she isn't always right.   Wolf and Josh both become fleshed out, occasionally take the lead and don't look incompetent.   I think it's more realistic when individuals take the lead depending on the situation and their strengths and weaknesses.


Jason and I both give the first three episodes a 9 out of 10.   Funny, enjoyable, overall, a good time!   I can see this show being a cult hit over time.


Find out more about the show here.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Man_(TV_series) 

Check out my new book where I collect 3 years worth of movie and TV reviews titled 'There Will Be Spoilers,' which you can find here https://amzn.to/3hgQ6ah 

Thoughts? Comments? Do so on the below.  

Find the last quarantine movie review here.

YouTube Version


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the Paul Has Fun Blog!

  On this blog, I dig into my hobbies and document my life and interests.   I hope to encourage you to do the same! Thanks for spending time with me. Scroll down for the latest content.   WELCOME!   

Podcast: Talking Video Games and Making a Beat-December 2025 podcast & videos

In this episode, I dive into the excitement around Valve’s newly announced Steam Machine and what it could mean for the future of handheld gaming. I talk about the rise of hybrid console–portable systems, why shorter and more interactive games fit better into my life now, and why the GTA VI delay honestly doesn’t bother me. I also break down the controversy surrounding Rockstar’s recent employee firings and share my thoughts on the gaming community’s obsession with nostalgia. It’s a mix of tech talk, gaming culture, and personal reflections on how I play today.   Finally after a work injury kept me home for three months(late last year), I dove into music production, inspired by Marc Rebillet’s improvisational style and the gear he uses.   In this episode, I share the audio from my first beat video using this gear. To see/read the articles and videos on these topics, you can find the gaming article here.  The beat making post on here. Thoughts, comments, do so below. ...

Recommended Movies & TV. June-December 2022 and Overall Favorites of 2022.

Check out this episode! YouTube Version These are my favorite movies and TV show from June-December 2022. June Insidious 1 & 2 (Amazon & Netflix) I'd never seen the Insidious movies. However, my younger brother watched them and told me they were creepy(which piqued my interest). In June, the first part was available on Prime Video, and the sequel and third films were on Netflix. I binged all three, but I preferred the first two as they wrapped up the Lambert family storyline.    Black Phone (movies) The next Blumhouse movie on this list. The movie pundits I follow talked about this Black Phone's great word of mouth from early screenings. Saw this in theaters and was amazed at Ethan Hawke's villainous performance. His 2nd turn as a bad guy in 2022(first in Moon Knight on Disney+ months earlier, but much better here). Umbrella Academy S3 (Netflix) I like the Umbrella Academy and its different take on the superhero genre. The protagonist dysfunctional family consists o...