Skip to main content

My Thoughts on the Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez

I was planning on going out Friday, January 17th. Friends canceled, and I decided to stay in.   Fired up Netflix, the Aaron Hernandez documentary Killer Inside was on the front page.   It premiered Wednesday, January 15th, on the streaming service.    I noticed it was multiple episodes.   One hour each.   I said to myself I would check out the first 15 minutes of the first chapter.   If it didn't grab me, I'd go with something else.

Three hours later, I was glued to the TV as this well-done mini-series hooked me.    This documentary covers the man's life, his talent, his legal trouble, and unfortunate suicide.

The program eludes to several factors which caused Mr. Hernandez's downfall.   Those being:

-victim to child abuse
-never admitting that he was a gay man
-Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy(CTE)
-witnessing his father abusing his mother after he'd been drinking excessively 
-being raised strictly by a homophobic father
-losing his father at the age of 16
-his mother having a boyfriend live with their family shortly after-potentially not fully grieving his father's passing.
-moving to live with his cousin and considering her his mother figure.

All of this causing:

-violent outbursts
-supposedly silencing others who found out, what presumably was his deplorable secret
-paranoia
-criminal activity
-suicide

What if he had someone to talk to?   Someone, he can safely tell everything.   Would his life have taken a different turn?   

Disclosing old hurt, feelings we consider shameful is tough.   I find it easier to do now in my 40s than I ever could in my 20s.    That being Aaron's age group.

My biggest takeaway from this mini-series; journaling and therapy can go a long way in healing past pain and hurt.

If there are bad habits/behaviors you are trying to stop in the new year, ask yourself, why do I act this way?  Did this naturally come to me, or was it something I learned from friends or parents?   You might be surprised.

Here's a trailer for the documentary.


Find out more about Aaron Hernandez here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Hernandez 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the Paul Has Fun Blog!

  On this blog, I dig into my hobbies and document my life and interests.   I hope to encourage you to do the same! Thanks for spending time with me. Scroll down for the latest content.   WELCOME!   

Podcast: Talking Video Games and Making a Beat-December 2025 podcast & videos

In this episode, I dive into the excitement around Valve’s newly announced Steam Machine and what it could mean for the future of handheld gaming. I talk about the rise of hybrid console–portable systems, why shorter and more interactive games fit better into my life now, and why the GTA VI delay honestly doesn’t bother me. I also break down the controversy surrounding Rockstar’s recent employee firings and share my thoughts on the gaming community’s obsession with nostalgia. It’s a mix of tech talk, gaming culture, and personal reflections on how I play today.   Finally after a work injury kept me home for three months(late last year), I dove into music production, inspired by Marc Rebillet’s improvisational style and the gear he uses.   In this episode, I share the audio from my first beat video using this gear. To see/read the articles and videos on these topics, you can find the gaming article here.  The beat making post on here. Thoughts, comments, do so below. ...

28 Years Later Spoiler Review-$151 Million Later

Check out this episode! YouTube Quick Review Ranking the trilogy...so far... @paul_v_perez Ranking the #28days ♬ original sound - Paul_V_Perez Thoughts, comments, do so below. Rate, like, leave a review on Apple podcasts or wherever you're able to do so. If you've enjoyed this episode, please support this podcast by doing any, all your shopping through my affiliate link: AMAZON:  http://amzn.to/2dRu3IM or DONATE/TIP here   SUBSCRIBE Everywhere HERE  Let's keep in touch, sign up for the email list here