Skip to main content

Comic Book Recommendation. Prometheus: The Complete Fire and Stone

Since young, I was into the Alien series.   

To date, I've seen all the Alien movies and have mostly enjoyed them.    My least favorites being the entire Alien Vs. Predator series and Alien 3. 

The Predator movie came along in 1987 and was a blast.   

During the 80s Arnold Schwarzeneggar movies were events.    I'd say his 80-90s sci-fi action/thriller films are some of the best of his career(Terminator 1 & 2, Total Recall, Running Man, Predator).    Predator 2 and Predators were fun.    I've avoided The Predator which was released last year due to bad reviews. 

Ridley Scott went into the history of the Aliens universe and introduced the Engineer character.    Prometheus and Alien Covenant weren't perfect, but I did enjoy the world-building that brings together the Aliens, humans, and Engineers.   

Dark Horse has published comics with the Aliens and Predator characters for years.   They introduced the AVP(Aliens versus Predators)concept.    In 2014, the publisher began including the Engineers in stories.     

This Fire and Stone series includes all of those characters in one book.   Taking place over many years and connecting threads from the Prometheus movie, James Cameron's Aliens and Alien from 1979.

This book has the regular tropes you would expect from these films.   The science team mixed with some military set off in search of something.   Only to come in contact with an alien lifeform and have their numbers decimated horrifically.     Androids, spaceships, cool weapons are all thrown into the mix.

What I enjoyed;   the feel of the movies lives within this comic book.   The horror, thriller elements translate very well.    

Story bits of the films mentioned above are played out here, giving the fan a more in-depth look at the events of LV-223 and LV-426.    The black goo found in the Prometheus film is a large part of this narrative.

A  page-turner for me.    This graphic novel is recommended.    Read the entire story on Comixology(included in the Comixology Unlimited subscription).    Or buy the book by clicking here https://amzn.to/2ziCRkB ..this is an affiliate link.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the Paul Has Fun Blog!

  On this blog, I dig into my hobbies and document my life and interests.   I hope to encourage you to do the same! Thanks for spending time with me. Scroll down for the latest content.   WELCOME!   

Podcast: Talking Video Games and Making a Beat-December 2025 podcast & videos

In this episode, I dive into the excitement around Valve’s newly announced Steam Machine and what it could mean for the future of handheld gaming. I talk about the rise of hybrid console–portable systems, why shorter and more interactive games fit better into my life now, and why the GTA VI delay honestly doesn’t bother me. I also break down the controversy surrounding Rockstar’s recent employee firings and share my thoughts on the gaming community’s obsession with nostalgia. It’s a mix of tech talk, gaming culture, and personal reflections on how I play today.   Finally after a work injury kept me home for three months(late last year), I dove into music production, inspired by Marc Rebillet’s improvisational style and the gear he uses.   In this episode, I share the audio from my first beat video using this gear. To see/read the articles and videos on these topics, you can find the gaming article here.  The beat making post on here. Thoughts, comments, do so below. ...

Recommended Movies & TV. June-December 2022 and Overall Favorites of 2022.

Check out this episode! YouTube Version These are my favorite movies and TV show from June-December 2022. June Insidious 1 & 2 (Amazon & Netflix) I'd never seen the Insidious movies. However, my younger brother watched them and told me they were creepy(which piqued my interest). In June, the first part was available on Prime Video, and the sequel and third films were on Netflix. I binged all three, but I preferred the first two as they wrapped up the Lambert family storyline.    Black Phone (movies) The next Blumhouse movie on this list. The movie pundits I follow talked about this Black Phone's great word of mouth from early screenings. Saw this in theaters and was amazed at Ethan Hawke's villainous performance. His 2nd turn as a bad guy in 2022(first in Moon Knight on Disney+ months earlier, but much better here). Umbrella Academy S3 (Netflix) I like the Umbrella Academy and its different take on the superhero genre. The protagonist dysfunctional family consists o...